Unexpected behavior of OutlookBarControl when setting initial state

Sep 5, 2008 at 1:02 PM
Edited Sep 8, 2008 at 1:07 PM
Hi all,
By initial state I mean that none of the views loaded into the OutlookBarControl are selected.

My problem is the following: I want to have an initial state of my OutlookBarControl. All the views should be loaded, and visible as tabs, but none of them may be selected yet. 

When I add 1 view to the control without an Activate of the view, then it isn't selected.
(Now it get's weird) When I add a 2nd view to the control without an Activate, then the 1st view is selected. 
(A small note: the behavior of the Activate method is working as expected once a view is selected. I just need to know how I can get an initial state where no views are selected.)

Any info concerning this topic is welcome!!
(If you need additional info, just ask!)
Kind regards,
Wim

(edit: Ezequiel told me this probably has something to do with the Region Adapter of the OutlookBarControl. Hopefully I can find some time to look at this, I'll keep you informed)
Developer
Sep 15, 2008 at 11:20 AM
Hi Wim,

The adapter seems fine, I can't find any problem in the code of the OutlookBarRegionAdapter.
It could also be standard behavior of the SelectorRegionAdapter class on which the outlookbar adapter is based.

I recommend that you also check out the behavior of the WPF tabcontrol. The outlookbar is based on that control and it could well be that the default behavior of adding tabitems to a tabcontrol causes it to be selected. It still doesn't explain why it didn't the first tab, but It's worth building a small sample to test this behavior.